Midweek WK1 T4

Wow what a busy start to our Term with swimming everyday!

A few reminders:

• We swim every afternoon at 2.10-2.30pmish - This sometimes means we are in a mad panic to finish at 2.45pm after helping everyone to get changed and do our end of day prayers. Please take some time to show your children how to do their sandals up and put their clothes on etc. WE ONLY SWIM IN ODD WEEKS: Wk1,3,5,7,9
  • Swimming is about confidence and water safety more than actual swimming lessons etc. As you can appreciate we are trying to keep 19 children safe in the water so we do not have specific time allocated to particular swimming skills. 
  • Homework: for our new parents - homework is sent home daily in our book bags: this will usually contain a reading book( on Mondays and Wednesdays), orange reading log to record homework and other tasks that may need to be completed.  The homework learning / poem book also comes home on a Friday each week. If the homework reading log is not filled in by me each day, it may just mean we have ran out of time to check / so please just reread a book or another book at home. I then catch up on the stickers and checking the next day. PLEASE NOTE: We do not expect your child to memorise or be able to read. At this stage it is about creating homework habits and shared reading together. It is hard to expect children to read when they are still learning letters and sounds. 
  • We have a letter card gone home today which has the letters a e i o u and m n s p t to help our children practice writing those letters. Please talk about the sounds these letters make not just the name of the letter. Please ensure they are writing in lower case for this practice. 
Thursday : Nalu day / swimming togs 
Friday: Library day / Sausage sizzle and juicie day $1.50eac / Swimming togs

Kind regards
Jane Trask 
janet@stmarysrotorua.school.nz

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 2 Term Four

Week 2 / T3

Week 10 - Term 3