Term 3 / Week 1

26th July 2021

Dear Kakano Parents and caregivers,

Welcome to Kakano 8! It has been a busy first day, so I finally have time to write our second blog post. This blog will come out each week (usually on a Sunday evening / first thing on a Monday morning).

The blog will contain important information for our children for each week coming.

I had a great time with your children today, getting to know each of them better and will look forward to continuing to find out more about them as we begin their school journey together.

A little about me:

My name is Mrs Jane Trask and I am married to Richard. We have four sons aged between 6 years and 24 years old!  My family loves sport, summertime and water activities.  We are a very active family.

I have been teaching in New Zealand High Schools for the past 15 years and I am so excited to begin my second year of Primary teaching this year at St Mary's.

I love to dance, be creative and enjoy music and arts as well as sport. 

Blog Posts will usually be twice a week and not very long. This week however I may do a couple of extra blog posts to celebrate our first week at school.

Parents, please check your children’s lunchboxes contain a healthy range of foods to ensure that your children have enough sustenance and energy to last the entire day of learning. Please limit sugary snacks. 

Our children are lucky in Kakano because they have three food breaks throughout the day. We have a ‘brain break’ at 9.50am where our children can choose ONE piece of fruit or vegetable snack to eat on the mat. 

Then we have normal morning tea food time after morning play and lunch after lunchtime play. 

Here are some photos from today's learning in Kakano 8 - We did some meditation and also visited the Life Education Trust Truck which was very exciting! I hope the children sleep well tonight! From Mrs Jane Trask

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 2 Term Four

Week 2 / T3

Week 10 - Term 3